Tuesday, March 2, 2010

RendeZvous: Where it all comes together.



I'm Rachel Zee, and this is the new blog to supplement RachelZeePhotography.com. That site is my portfolio site with information about my business and client proofing. Recently I realized that I needed another outlet for side projects and to showcase my creative process. I'm looking forward to sharing with and inspiring readers, and getting inspiration and feed back from you too!

A little about me:

I am a 23 (24 in a week and a half) year old photographer living in Monterey, California. I like it here, but it definitely lacks the opportunities that a big city provides. This is why graduating from college with a degree in art (in this awful economy) left me with the same job I had while attending college. Not knowing exactly what to do next, I decided to follow my passion: photography. Specifically, fashion photography. If I don't do it now, it will be that much harder after I've found a job that consumes more of my time and energy.

Photography gets me excited. I could sit and look at fashion photographs for hours... maybe even days! I remember the first time I looked at a Vogue magazine. Strangely enough, it wasn't until I was like 19 (I guess I only really paid attention to Seventeen or Cosmo before that point). I was immediately amazed by the glossy perfectness.

I am happiest when I express myself through fashion photography. I think it's something about the combination of clothes and art that gets me, but I really can't explain it. As a kid, I loved my American Girl doll because she had different outfits to mix and match. Paper dolls really excited me too and my parents would buy books of them from the bookstore to cut out and play with. When I got a little older and discovered paper dolls online, that consumed a lot of my time that I should have been doing homework. I guess my love for paper dolls turned into loving to dress myself, and then to dressing others, and then my passion for art led me to start photographing them. Other than these reasons (and the fact that I'm a girl) I can't seem to explain my passion for fashion photography. And I think that's why it is one.

2 comments:

  1. you're a person I'd love to meet! I love monterey, my friend and family visit every year! following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this ecomony sucks! I graduated college with a BA in Psychology and I'm still working the same job I could've had without going to college. (Server for Macaroni Grill) I love your blog and your little intro... can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete