Thursday, March 4, 2010

Creativity.

I recently discovered kanyewest.com. If you haven't been there yet, go. The layout of the site is a piece of art in itself and if there is anything truly original anymore, I would consider this to be it.


His post, Creativity, really got me. "I am tormented by the need to create." That quote relates directly to this blog. My feelings of frustration from not finding the perfect outlet to share my creativity was tormenting me. As an artist, it makes you feel like a failure. Like you have so much to offer the world but can't get it out. Those lucky enough to be able to express it through classical mediums such as painting, sculpture, or music, and are lucky enough to be naturally talented at it, have it made. For me, it has taken longer to find what I can work through. Photography and fashion are the closest I have found yet. A blog lets me share my visual and verbal opinions, and right now it is doing the trick.


"The way you dress is an expression of your opinion." Also from the same post. A way I feel, but never put into words. I am never completely myself on days that I don't have time to put an outfit together that expresses the way I feel. Looking back, jobs where a uniform was required made me feel trapped. Some may think it shallow, but how I dress corresponds with how I feel. And I know I'm not the only one. If you are someone who is not effected by what they put on, share your thoughts with me. I'd love to hear another point of view. And just like with voicing your opinion, the way you dress comes with the risk of being judged. I will admit that I hesitate to put on items of clothing for fear of being judged, in the same way that I will keep my opinions to myself on some issues for fear of being judged. Moral of the story: judge less. Appreciate more. We can all feel free to dress how we want. Those who are offended are probably not happy with their outfit choice from the day. Go home and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment