Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm gonna give all my secrets away.....

{well maybe just one.. for now.}



Because of the bad weather last weekend I had to reschedule two shoots. I was expecting to have a load of work to do finishing them up this week, and now I've got too much time on my hands, and no material to post!

As a photographer who gets her joy out of taking pictures of people, times when people aren't around and I've got the creative itch, are tough! That's where the self-portraits (above) come in. I could go out into public, there are always people there, but I'm shy. I'm sure if I practiced talking to strangers on the street it would get easier. But it's just that first one, that breakthrough (or disaster) that I'm scared of.

I'll let you in on a little secret. I've had this project brewing in my head. I want to approach complete strangers on the street, interview them and take their picture, and post it to share. That is one of the goals for RendeZvous, and a big part in why I chose the name. Each post will be short "rendezvous" with people that you will probably never meet otherwise. And any insights or wisdom that they may share you would have never known.

So pray for me to have the courage to do this. I am starting a similar project that will hopefully be posted soon. Off to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment